Unless you have a couple hundred thousand dollars or more to spend, you can’t just plunk down cash and buy a home. Instead, you need to go through a process that takes you from getting loan approval to sitting down at the closing table. This can be overwhelming, but if you break the procedure down into steps and take your time, you can be a homeowner one day, living in your dream home! To help first-time buyers like you understand the many steps involved in purchasing your first home, Cody Rowe - Mortgage Broker has written down a Beginner’s Guide to buying a home.
Mortgage Broker in Victoria, BC
As a Mortgage Broker & Credit Specialist for Canada's largest national mortgage brokerage Dominion Lending Centres, Cody is an expert in assisting his clients to create and implement long term strategies to assist you in achieving your real estate goals.
With access to a vast network of major banks, credit unions, trust companies and alternative lending options, we can ensure the correct solution for your unique situation.
What our client's are saying
Download My Mortgage Toolbox
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH MY APP
- Calculate your total cost of owning a home
- Estimate the minimum down payment you need
- Calculate Land transfer taxes and the available rebates
- Calculate the maximum loan you can borrow
- Stress test your mortgage
- Estimate your Closing costs
- Compare your options side by side
- Search for the best mortgage rates
- Email Summary reports (PDF)
- Use my app in English, French, Spanish, Hindi and Chinese
Once you’ve decided to buy your first home, there’s a good chance that you’re planning to obtain a mortgage to finance the purchase. Acquiring a mortgage can seem intimidating and complicated to most first-time homebuyers, but it doesn’t have to be. When you prepare appropriately and have the right professionals to assist you, applying for a mortgage is pretty easy.